Sunday, September 2, 2012

So it begins..

So, today I had my first Coach Approach appointment at the YMCA. Basically, it is an accountability program that keeps tabs on goals that you want to accomplish. For example, if your main goal is to start a gym habit, they will work with you in finding why you aren't going to the gym and create a habit. They monitor stress, eating, and work out logs with their Fitlinxx equipment. My coach is absolutely amazing. He took my body fat percentage (its a wonder that I am not a giant bowl of pudding with my reading :-/), is encouraging me to do a food log, and pushing me towards my goals. I must say I feel super motivated and great after the workout. I highly recommend this if you have a Y membership.

So, I figured that if I am going to do this, I might as well go big. One of my bucket list items was to complete a half-marathon. Figuring that we may or may not be in the state of Florida by next year, I am going to mouse it out and do the Disney Princess Half.  I'll leave the link for you fabulous people to check it out!

I will be writing (hopefully... I have a problem with consistency...) at least once a week to update progress and any exciting happenings!


HERE WE GO!

-S


Magical link to all the magical running

No comments:

Post a Comment